Thursday night has been suspended until spring of 2019.
Please check back after the first of the year for information on Spring trap.
Please check back in december for our all new exciting shoots for 2019. New shoots designed to test your skill. New scoring and prize structure. We will share all details by the end of the year. We are looking forward to an a great year.
Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Michael G Meyer
October 21st Pistol, Center Fire
October 28th Turkey Shoot ( 20 gauge and under)
November 4th Military Rifle Keith's shoot (Sling Allowed)
November 18th Shotgun, Slug any gauge
December 16th Rifle, Black Powder Muzzle Loader
December 30th Rifle, Rim Fire
All the shoots are on Sunday at 1:00 PM sharp. Entry fee is $20
- All Members must sign Range Record Book prior to shooting. The Range Record Book will be kept in the Clubhouse inside the main entrance. Failure to sign in will result in disciplinary action and possible loss of privileges.
- All Members MUST carry club membership identification while using the range.
- Anyone without club membership identification will be asked to leave,
- All members are responsible for checking the identity of persons using the range.
- Junior Members properly licensed by the Commonwealth may use the range without a senior member present.
- Guests, along with their sponsoring members, must be registered in the Range Record Book in the Clubhouse prior to shooting:
a. Sponsors of guests are responsible for the guests actions and must be present with the guests(s) at all times.
b. Guests at organized shoots (including trap league shoots) must only sign in. and are the responsibility of the Range Officer or other Club official (acting as Range
Officer) present at the shoot.
c. Junior members may not have guests at the range without a responsible senior member present.
- No alcoholic beverages will be allowed on the range. No person shall use the range after consumption of alcoholic beverages. All persons under the influence of alcohol will be asked to leave the range area.
- No smoking will be allowed on the firing line at any time.
- Machine guns are prohibited.
- No shooting will be allowed during archery events, shooting area work parties and at other times designated by the Club. A sign indicating no range use will be posted at the Range Rover Book sign-in area.
- No loaded weapons will be removed from the firing line. No firearms will be loaded until on the firing line.
a. Black powder weapons will not be considered loaded until primed or capped.
- No one will be allowed to go forward of the firing line until all weapons on the firing line are unloaded, bolt opened and placed vertically on the rear bench. There will be no handling of firearms while persons are forward of the firing line.
- All targets must be positioned in such a manner as to utilize the backstop safely. They must also be positioned so that target frames and supports are not damaged.
a. Targets such as glass bottles and other targets that would leave unsafe debris are forbidden.
b. Only targeting items such as, but limited to, paper targets, clay pigeon metallic silhouettes, bowling pins, wooden targets, and any other "safe from ricochet" targets may
be used with the appropriate target stand.
c. All paper targets will be used on a target frame.
d. Any member responsible for shooting in such a way as to cause a projectile to miss the backstop will be brought before the Advisory Board to explain why his shooting
privileges should be revoked.
e. Placing targets on or walking on the backstop is prohibited.
- Anyone using the range is responsible for cleaning the range before leaving.
a. Target frames must be returned to range shed after removing used targets.
b. All rubbish must be disposed of in the designated barrels
- During a shoot or meet, the Range Officer and/or his aides will have complete control of all shooting and safety for the range.
a. Anyone not following directions of the Range Officer will be asked to leave.
- Prior to a shoot or meet, the rules, fees and type of shoot will be posted by the person running the event .
a. Anyone shooting a match or event must have registered for that match or event.
- During an organized shooting event vehicles may be allowed in the range area at the discretion of the Range Officer.
- ONLY black powder, rim-fire HANDGUNS (pistol caliber's only), and rim-fire rifles are allowed on the fifty-foot range.
a. No handguns firing rifle cartridges will be allowed on the fifty-foot range.
(I.e. T/C Contenders with rifle caliber barrels)
- Eye and ear protection is required on the ranges.
- Monday - Saturday 7:00 am to 1/2 hour after sunset (Dusk). Rifle Range Sunday Hours 9:00 Am to 1/2 hour after sunset (Dusk.)
- Monday - Saturday 7:00 am to 9:00 pm. Pistol Range Sunday Hours 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
Range Safety is Everyone’s Job
Wrentham Sportsmen's Association Range
Range rules are posted below or CLICK HERE Rules are subject to change without notice so please insure you review them so that you are up to date and we will do our best to keep any closings or modifications as a highlight so they are more obvious.
Sundays at 10:00 AM
We hope to see you there!!!
Website designed by Wrentham Sportsmen's Association © 2015