- All Members must sign Range Record Book prior to shooting. The Range Record Book will be kept in the Clubhouse inside the main entrance. Failure to sign in will result in disciplinary action and possible loss of privileges.
- All Members MUST carry club membership identification while using the range.
- Anyone without club membership identification will be asked to leave,
- All members are responsible for checking the identity of persons using the range.
- Junior Members properly licensed by the Commonwealth may use the range without a senior member present.
- Guests, along with their sponsoring members, must be registered in the Range Record Book in the Clubhouse prior to shooting:
a. Sponsors of guests are responsible for the guests actions and must be present with the guests(s) at all times.
b. Guests at organized shoots (including trap league shoots) must only sign in. and are the responsibility of the Range Officer or other Club official (acting as Range
Officer) present at the shoot.
c. Junior members may not have guests at the range without a responsible senior member present.
- No alcoholic beverages will be allowed on the range. No person shall use the range after consumption of alcoholic beverages. All persons under the influence of alcohol will be asked to leave the range area.
- No smoking will be allowed on the firing line at any time.
- Machine guns are prohibited.
- No shooting will be allowed during archery events, shooting area work parties and at other times designated by the Club. A sign indicating no range use will be posted at the Range Rover Book sign-in area.
- No loaded weapons will be removed from the firing line. No firearms will be loaded until on the firing line.
a. Black powder weapons will not be considered loaded until primed or capped.
- No one will be allowed to go forward of the firing line until all weapons on the firing line are unloaded, bolt opened and placed vertically on the rear bench. There will be no handling of firearms while persons are forward of the firing line.
- All targets must be positioned in such a manner as to utilize the backstop safely. They must also be positioned so that target frames and supports are not damaged.
a. Targets such as glass bottles and other targets that would leave unsafe debris are forbidden.
b. Only targeting items such as, not limited to, paper targets, clay pigeon metallic silhouettes, bowling pins, wooden targets, and any other "safe from ricochet" targets may
be used with the appropriate target stand.
c. All paper targets will be used on a target frame.
d. Any member responsible for shooting in such a way as to cause a projectile to miss the backstop will be brought before the Advisory Board to explain why his shooting
privileges should be revoked.
e. Placing targets on or walking on the backstop is prohibited.
- Anyone using the range is responsible for cleaning the range before leaving.
a. Target frames must be returned to range shed after removing used targets.
b. All rubbish must be disposed of in the designated barrels
- During a shoot or meet, the Range Officer and/or his aides will have complete control of all shooting and safety for the range.
a. Anyone not following directions of the Range Officer will be asked to leave.
- Prior to a shoot or meet, the rules, fees and type of shoot will be posted by the person running the event .
a. Anyone shooting a match or event must have registered for that match or event.
- During an organized shooting event vehicles may be allowed in the range area at the discretion of the Range Officer.
- ONLY black powder, rim-fire HANDGUNS (pistol caliber's only), and rim-fire rifles are allowed on the fifty-foot range.
a. No handguns firing rifle cartridges will be allowed on the fifty-foot range.
(I.e. T/C Contenders with rifle caliber barrels)
- Eye and ear protection is required on the ranges.
- Monday - Saturday 7:00 am to 1/2 hour after sunset (Dusk). Rifle Range Sunday Hours 9:00 Am to 1/2 hour after sunset (Dusk.)
- Monday - Saturday 7:00 am to 9:00 pm. Pistol Range Sunday Hours 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
Range Safety is Everyone’s Job
Wrentham Sportsmen's Association Range
Range rules are posted below or CLICK HERE Rules are subject to change without notice so please insure you review them so that you are up to date and we will do our best to keep any closings or modifications as a highlight so they are more obvious.
Sundays at 10:00 AM
We hope to see you there!!!
Website designed by Wrentham Sportsmen's Association © 2015
All shoots are on Sunday at 1:00 PM sharp. Entry fee is $20.00for Adults and $10.00 for Jr members.
Come and compete for prizes and bragging rights.
3 generation on the line at the same time Mike Saracemo Sr, Jr and Grandson Dillon
Jan 7 -Air Rifle
Jan 14-3D Archery Shoot
Jan 21 -Rim Fire Pistol
Feb 4 -Center Fire Rifle
Feb 18 - Military Rifle
Mar 3 -Center Fire Pistol [Bench Rest 25 yds]
Mar 17 - Turkey Shoot [4-5-6 shot]
April 7 - Rim Fire Rifle [Bench Rest]
April 14 - 3D Archery Shoot]
April 21 - Black Powder Pistol
May 5 - Center Fire Pistol
May 19 - Military Rifle [Elbow Rest]
June 2 - Rim Fire Pistol
June 30 - Air Rifle
July 14 - Center Fire Rifle [Bench Rest]
July 28 - Rim Fire Rifle
Aug 4 - 3D Archery Shoot]
Aug 11 - Rim Fire Pistol
Aug 25 - Vegetable Shoot [Side Lock Black Powder]
Sept 8 - Center Fire Pistol [3” Barrel or Shorter]
Sept 22 - Rim Fire Rifle
Oct 6 - Military Rifle [Bench Rest]
Oct 13 - 3D Archery Shoot]
Oct 20 -Air Rifle
Nov 3 -Rim Fire Pistol
Nov 17 - Slug Shoot
Dec 1 - Center Fire Pistol
Dec 15 - Black Powder Rifle [inline]
Dec 29 - Rim Fire Rifle